All Carolina Trust Visa credit cardholders receive Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Extended Warranty Protection, Travel and Emergency Assistance Services, Roadside Dispatch, and Visa Purchase and Fraud Alerts.
Certain restrictions, limitations and exclusions apply and benefit configuration may vary.
Your Guide to Benefit describes the benefit in effect. Benefit information in this guide replaces any prior benefit information You may have received. Please read and retain for Your records. Your eligibility is determined by Your card program.
Product warranties can be inconvenient and cumbersome to use. Let’s say You purchased a great gadget about a year ago, but it just stopped working, and You can’t find Your sales receipt and warranty information. For all too common situations like these, Extended Warranty Protection can help.
Extended Warranty Protection provides You with valuable features that help You manage, use and extend the warranties for eligible items purchased on Your covered Account and/or rewards program associated with Your covered Account. Services include Warranty Registration and Extended Protection. You are eligible for this benefit if You are a cardholder of an eligible card issued in the United States and You
purchase either a portion or the entire cost of the item using Your Account and/or rewards program associated with Your covered Account.
Here’s how Warranty Registration works
When You purchase an eligible item that carries a manufacturer’s warranty, You can register Your purchase by calling 1-800-397-9010 or call collect outside the U.S. at 1-303-967-1093. You can also register Your purchase online at www.cardbenefitservices.com.
The Benefit Administrator will tell You where to send Your item’s sales receipt and warranty information, so they can be kept on file should You need them.
If You choose not to register Your item, be sure to keep Your monthly billing statement reflecting the purchase, the itemized sales receipt, the original manufacturer’s written U.S. warranty and any additional warranty in a safe place. These documents will be required to verify Your claim.
Here’s how Extended Protection works
Your warranty coverage can be doubled up to one (1) additional year on eligible warranties of three (3) years or less. For example, a manufacturer’s warranty of three (3) months would be provided with an additional three (3) months of coverage for a combined total of six (6) months of coverage, and a warranty for six (6) months would be provided with an additional six (6) months of coverage for a combined total of twelve (12) months of coverage. However, if the manufacturer’s warranty is for three (3) years, it would only be extended one (1) additional year for a combined total of four (4) years of coverage.
This benefit is limited to no more than the original price of the purchased item (as shown on Your
credit card receipt), less shipping and handling fees, up to a maximum of ten thousand dollars ($10,000.00) per claim, and fifty thousand dollars ($50,000.00) per cardholder.
The benefit covers purchases made both inside and outside the U.S. The eligible item must have a valid original manufacturer’s U.S. repair warranty of three (3) years or less, store-purchased dealer warranty, or an assembler warranty.
What Extended Protection does not cover
- Boats, automobiles, aircraft, and any other motorized vehicles and their motors, equipment, or accessories, including trailers and other items that can be towed by or attached to any motorized vehicle
- Any costs other than those specifically covered under the terms of the original manufacturer’s written U.S. repair warranty, as supplied by the original manufacturer, or other eligible warranty
- Items purchased for resale, professional, or commercial use
- Real estate and items which are intended to become part of real estate including, but not limited to, items that are hard-wired or hard-plumbed, garage doors, garage door openers, and ceiling fans
- Rented or leased items
- Computer software
- Medical equipment
- Used or pre-owned items (Refurbished items will be covered as long as it has a warranty with it and would not be considered used or pre-owned.)
Filing an Extended Protection claim
To file a claim, call the Benefit Administrator at 1-800-397-9010 or call collect outside the U.S. at 1-303-967-1093, immediately after the failure of Your covered item. Please note if You do not notify the Benefit Administrator within sixty (60) days of product failure, Your claim may be denied.
The Benefit Administrator will request preliminary claim information, direct You to the appropriate repair facility, and send You the claim form. Gift recipients of eligible items are also covered, but they must provide all the documents needed to substantiate their claim.
If You received or purchased a service contract or an extended warranty when You purchased Your item, this benefit will be supplemental to, and in excess of, that coverage.
What You must submit to file a claim
Fill out and sign the claim form the Benefit Administrator sent You, then submit the form within ninety (90) days of the product failure, along with the following documents:
- A copy of Your monthly billing statement (showing the last four  digits of the Account number) demonstrating that the purchase was made on Your eligible Account and/or rewards program associated with Your covered Account
- If more than one method of payment was used, please provide documentation as to additional currency, voucher, points or any other payment method utilized
- A copy of the itemized sales receipt
- A copy of the original manufacturer’s written U.S. warranty, and any other applicable warranty
- A description of the item and its serial number, and any other documentation deemed necessary to substantiate Your claim (this includes bills and, if necessary, a copy of the maintenance record and receipts)
- The original repair estimate or repair bill, indicating cause of failure
- Any other documentation deemed necessary by the Benefit Administrator to substantiate the claim
All claims must be fully substantiated.
For faster filing, or to learn more about Extended Warranty Protection, visit
How will I be reimbursed?
If You have substantiated Your claim and met the terms and conditions of the benefit, Your item will be replaced or repaired at the Benefit Administrator’s discretion, but for no more than the original purchase price of the covered item, as recorded on Your credit card receipt, less shipping and handling fees, up to a maximum of ten thousand dollars ($10,000.00) per claim, and a maximum of fifty thousand dollars ($50,000.00) per cardholder. You will only be reimbursed up to the amount charged to Your Account or the program limit, whichever is less.
Under normal circumstances, reimbursement will occur within five (5) business days of the receipt and approval of all required documents.
If Your item is to be repaired, You may go to an authorized repair facility and file a claim for reimbursement. Only valid and reasonable repairs made at the manufacturer’s authorized repair facility are covered.
In either case, the Benefit Administrator’s payment, replacement, or repair made in good faith will fulfill the obligation under this benefit.
Account means Your credit or debit card Accounts.
Eligible Person means a cardholder who pays for their purchase by using their eligible Account and/or rewards program associated with their covered Account.
You or Your means an Eligible Person who purchase their item to their eligible Account and/or rewards program associated with their covered Account.
Additional provisions for Extended Protection
- Signed or pinned transactions are covered as long as You use Your eligible card to secure the transaction.
- You shall do all things reasonable to avoid or diminish any loss covered by this benefit. This provision will not be unreasonably applied to avoid claims.
- If You make any claim knowing it to be false or fraudulent in any respect, no coverage shall exist for such claim, and Your benefit may be cancelled. Each cardholder agrees that representations regarding claims will be accurate and complete. Any and all relevant provisions shall be void in any case of fraud, intentional concealment, or misrepresentation of material fact.
- No legal action for a claim may be brought against the Provider until sixty (60) days after the Provider receives Proof of Loss. No legal action against the Provider may be brought more than two (2) years after the time for giving Proof of Loss. Further, no legal action may be brought against the Provider unless all the terms of the Guide to Benefits have been complied with fully.
- This benefit is provided to eligible cardholders at no additional cost. The terms and conditions contained in this Guide to Benefits may be modified by subsequent endorsements. Modifications to the terms and conditions may be provided via additional Guide to Benefits mailings, statement inserts, statement messages or electronic notification. The benefits described in this Guide will not apply to cardholders whose Accounts have been suspended or cancelled.
- Termination dates may vary by financial institutions. Your financial institution can cancel or non-renew the benefits for cardholders, and if they do, they will notify You at least thirty (30) days in advance. Indemnity Insurance Company of North America (“Provider”) is the underwriter of these benefits and is solely responsible for its administration and claims. The Benefit Administrator provides services on behalf of the Provider.
- After the Benefit Administrator has paid Your claim, all Your rights and remedies against any party in respect of this claim will be transferred to the Benefit Administrator to the extent of the payment made to You. You must give the Benefit Administrator all assistance as may reasonably be required to secure all rights and remedies.
- This benefit does not apply to the extent that trade or economic sanctions or other laws or regulations prohibit the provision of insurance, including, but not limited to, the payment of claims.
For more information about the benefit described in this guide, call the Benefit Administrator at 1-800-397-9010, or call collect outside the U.S. at 1-303-967-1093.
With Alerts from Carolina Trust Federal Credit Union powered by Visa, you can receive near real-time updates on your Visa® card activity. So you can act quickly to help reduce fraud and monitor your account, wherever you are. Sign up here. Actual time to receive Alert dependent on wireless service and coverage within area.
Alerts service may not be available in all areas. Gasoline alerts may not include purchase amount. Account activity qualifying for Alert service may vary by issuer. Additional restrictions apply.