Your questions and concerns are very important to us!
From membership to mobile banking questions … and everything in between, we’re here to help you get the answers you need.
And, we want banking with us to be transparent and simple. Hopefully, you can find answers to your questions from our list of frequently asked questions.
Anyone who lives, works or regularly conducts business in, worships, volunteers, or attends school in Horry, Georgetown, Marion, Williamsburg or the southern part* of Florence County, South Carolina or Brunswick County, North Carolina is eligible for Carolina Trust membership. Relatives of members are also eligible to join.
*South of Lynches River in Florence County.
Individuals and business owners may apply here for membership. Upon joining Carolina Trust, all members must open a basic savings account with the required minimum deposit. This is not a fee but simply the minimum deposit required to keep the account open and establish member ownership in the Credit Union.
No problem. You can have a Joint account together, which requires the minimum deposit from each account owner. Or, you may open separate Carolina Trust accounts as individual owners with unique account numbers
You will need to refer to several things during this enrollment process:
- Driver’s license or State-issued ID
- Previous home address (if you have lived at your home address less than two years)
- Social Security Number
- Routing and account number from a U.S. checking account to fund your Carolina Trust account or a card number for payment.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. resident alien
- You must be at least 18 years of age. A parent or guardian must co-sign on any minor account (younger than 18).
We provide a couple ways for you to add someone to your account:
- Both parties may visit any of our convenient Credit Union branches in person. Please bring the necessary verification items.
- You may complete a Membership Application, have it notarized and mail it to PO Box 780004, Myrtle Beach, SC 29578-7804. Attach photocopies of State-issued IDs and taxpayer identification numbers (SSN or TIN). A Credit report will be pulled and reviewed prior to making an account addition.
We provide three ways for you to update your contact information:
- Simply log into Carolina Trust online banking with your personal user ID and password to update the contact information associated with your account(s).
- You may visit any of our convenient Credit Union branches and update your information in person. Please have your current State ID or Driver’s License present. Expired IDs will not be accepted.
- You may complete the Change of Address Form, have it notarized and mail it to PO Box 780004, Myrtle Beach, SC 29578-7804.
Member Rewards are points that members receive monthly for the savings, checking and loan products they maintain with Carolina Trust and annually for their length of membership with the Credit Union. Members may redeem their Carolina Trust Member Reward Points to discount the rate on their next auto loan, increase the rate earned on a new fixed-rate certificate, take $250 off first mortgage loan closing costs, and much more! Certain restrictions may apply, so visit our Member Rewards page or contact a member service representative for more details.
We provide two ways for you to close your account:
- Visit any of our convenient Credit Union branches in person.
- Complete the Account Closure Form, have it notarized and mail it to PO Box 780004, Myrtle Beach, SC 29578-7804.
The ATM will automatically release up $225 from the total amount of all checks deposited to your account in one day. Any remaining balance will incur a 2-business day hold.
All mobile deposits incur a 2-business day hold regardless of check type or amount.In all cases, length of holds is subject to change if circumstances warrant an extended hold.
Government issued checks can be held until the next business day but may be held longer depending on the circumstance.
Some of our checking accounts offer a free box of checks each year, like our 50+ Checking and Free Student Checking accounts. If your Carolina Trust checking account does not provide free checks, you can order them in online banking for a nominal fee or call 843.448.2133 ext.3 or 1.866.838.5031 after hours.
Yes, we offer free notary services for CTFCU members and CO-OP Network Shared Branching members, but we do not notarize real estate documents.
A Paid Item Fee assessed when you don’t have enough money in your account to cover a purchase, but Courtesy Coverage pays the item for you. The Credit Union may pay for the transaction and then charge a $29 fee for any transaction covered by us. The Credit Union may pay for the transaction and then charge a $29 Courtesy fee for any transaction covered by us.
Courtesy Coverage is a discretionary overdraft service for checking accounts in good standing. The courtesy limit for individual accounts is $500. If you do not wish for Courtesy Coverage to cover any overdrafts to your account, then you may contact a Member Service Representative to remove the privilege. If a check or item is returned for nonpayment, a Return Item Fee of $29 will be charged for any returned item. Please refer to our Courtesy Coverage disclosures for more details.
Daily limits on a debit card vary depending on where and how it is used:
- ATM transactions- $610 or 3 transactions
- Point of Sale – at merchant where a PIN is used – $1000 or 10 transactions
- Signature transaction or when a debit card is used as a credit card – $3000 or 10 transactions
To activate your card, please call 1.866.985.2273.
To change the PIN on your CTFCU card, please call 1.866.985.2273. If a card is blocked due to excessive PIN tries, you will need to contact us to have the card unblocked. Then, call 1.866.985.2273 to re-PIN your card.
Our deposit capable ATMs are in the following locations:
- Myrtle Beach
- 1010 21st N, Myrtle Beach SC
- 4254 Holmestown Road, Myrtle Beach SC
- 269 Carolina Forest Blvd. Myrtle Beach, SC
- 735 Farrow Parkway, Myrtle Beach SC
- Surfside Beach:
- 1610-C Highway 17 S, Surfside Beach SC
- 2518 Main Street, Conway SC
- 1610 Church Street, Conway SC
- Lake City:
- 273 North Ron McNair Blvd. Lake City, SC
- North Myrtle Beach:
- 811 Highway 17 S, North Myrtle Beach SC
- Little River
- 1602 Hwy 17 Little River, SC 29566
There are three ways to file a debit card fraud claim:
You may file a credit card fraud claim by the following mean:
- You can call 1.800.654.7728 or 24/7 fraud service at 1.866.820.3789 to report fraud.
- Visit any of our convenient Credit Union branches and speak with an MSR.
- Send a secure message via online banking to report the fraud.
- Call CTFCU at 843.448.2133 and report the fraud.
Yes, you may check your credit report with the three major credit reporting bureaus: Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. Each will provide you with a free copy of your credit report annually, at your request. You may stagger your requests by credit bureau throughout the year. Each bureau will provide your free annual report through one central contact center only, and their contact information is:
Annual Credit Report Request Service
Toll Free Telephone: 1-877-322-8228
Mail: P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281
An account number consists of 13 digits which is the only thing recognized when doing electronic transactions. This 13 digit number is located on the bottom of every members’ CU checks after the CU’s routing number.
A member number consists of 6 digits and is assigned by the CU when opening accounts. The member number is also embedded in the 13 digit string for the true account number
All debit and credit cards will expire on the last day of the expiration month that appears on the front of the card. A new debit or credit card should arrive in the mail two weeks prior to the end of the expiration month. If you have not received a new debit or credit card by a week prior to the end of the expiration month, please contact us.
A new card can be issued to you at any of our convenient branch locations or mailed to you. Please make sure to verify your address before having a new card mailed to you.