Learn how to keep your personal information safe and secure.
Protecting your personal information and staying secure online should be a priority. Helping you do so is one of ours.
Computer and Internet education center.
Taking precautions to protect your personal identifiable information (PII) is important to both the Credit Union and you.
As fraudsters evolve their tactics and practices, we must also heighten our awareness of scams to become our first and best line of defense. Remember – if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. So, trust but verify.
Government and industry agree that providing information to help Internet users protect their personal details is beneficial and needful. We have provided the following links to help educate you on how to better protect yourself from schemes and cyber threats. As advice and recommendations develop, we may update these links from time-to-time:
- Federal Trade Commission SCAM Alert Page
- Federal Trade Commission Privacy, Identity and Online Security Page
- South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Homeland Security and Cyber Infrastructure Tips
- Stay informed with new threats. This site updates daily
- Cybersecurity Videos from PBS
- Secure NYC – An app that anyone can use to check the security of your smartphone
- IRS Tax Scams and Consumer Alerts – We’re entering tax time and here you will find current tax scams from the IRS.